4Trade PVA is an excellent adhesive, highly effective primer, admixture, bonding agent and sealer. It is recommended for interior use and dry conditions.
- Adhesive, sealer & primer
- Ideal for bonding new plaster, for concrete and mortar applications, for sealing concrete floors, for bonding all types of wood or for priming prior to tiling
- Plastering: To bond new plaster to porous surfaces (old plaster, concrete etc.) Prime the surface with 1 part adhesive - 5 parts water. When dry, coat the surface with a mixture of 3 parts adhesive - 1 part water and while still wet or tacky apply the plaster
- Concrete or Mortar applications: For small areas and gap filling: Prime the surface with a uniform mixture of 1 part adhesive - 4 parts water. For larger areas: Prime and when dry, coat the surface with 3 parts adhesive - 1 part water (in both cases whilst still wet or tacky, trowel on a normal mixture mortar or concrete)
- To seal concrete floors: Apply one coat or two coats of 1 part adhesive - 4 parts water
- Woodworking: To bond all types of wood under dry conditions: Apply a mixture of 5 parts adhesive and 1 part water to each surface and clamp together. For close fitting joints coat only one surface. Under normal conditions joints can be handled carefully after 1 hour although setting times may vary with porosity and atmospheric conditions. To obtain a longer open time (above method is usually 10 mins): Prime with a mixture of 1 part adhesive to 5 parts water. When dry apply adhesive coat
- Tiling: This adhesive is also ideal for priming porous surfaces prior to wall tiling. 1 part PVA - 4 parts water