The innovative 6ft Decibel Noise Reduction Panel from Forest Garden uses clever design to deliver a domestic panel that combines great looks with effective noise reduction performance.
17mm thick section boards interlock with extended Tongue & Grooves and are mounted in a rebated frame to ensure that there are no gaps across the face of the board that would allow noise to pass through. This maximises the panels' performance in reflecting unwanted noise. Triform technology used in the production of the boards on the panel gives each board a triangular profile on each side of the panel which helps to further diffuse unwanted noise as sound waves hit multiple faces and break up.
Tests carried out on the panel have demonstrated its ability to reduce noise levels by as much as 30 decibels (dB) which is equivalent to reducing the noise from a petrol lawnmower down to the level of normal conversation. A 30dB reduction in noise level is equivalent to an 8-fold reduction in the perceived intensity of the noise.
In addition to this noise reduction performance the Decibel panel has great looks that will complement any garden.
For optimum noise reduction performance the Decibel panel must be mounted to fence posts ensuring there are no gaps for noise to pass through. This can be achieved with either slotted fence posts (timber or concrete) or by screwing the panel directly to the post. The use of fence 'U-brackets' will leave an undesirable gap.
The Decibel panel's effectiveness in reducing unwanted noise can be further improved by mounting the panels on gravel boards to take the height of the fence run to over 2 metres.
- Innovative domestic fence panel that combines great looks with noise reduction performance
- Can reduce unwanted noise by as much as 30 decibels (dB)
- Smooth-planed timber is Pressure Treated for a longer life
- Panels can be mounted with boards running vertically or horizontally
- For optimum acoustic performance use with slotted posts or screw directly onto wooden posts to ensure no gaps
- Independently laboratory tested to BS EN ISO 10140-2 and ISO 717-1, achieving BS EN 1793-2:2012 Category B3 noise reduction
- Pressure Treated timber with 15 year Anti-Rot guarantee
- Manufactured from FSC certified timber from sustainable sources