These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions.
Travis Perkins Trading Company Limited, Lodge Way House, Lodge Way, Harlestone Road, Northampton, NN5 7UG. (The Promoter). This Promotion is administered by YOU Agency, 34 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7PB (The Administrator).
1. Promotion is open to residents of The United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 and over at the time of entry, excluding employees of Travis Perkins and their immediate families, their agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the promotion.
2. No purchase necessary. Internet access required and entrants must have an active Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account. If you do not have an account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this:
3. Entries made on Instagram will be subject to Instagram’s terms of service, which are available, online at: https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870?ref=dp
4. Entries made on Facebook will be subject to Facebook’s terms of service, which are available, online at: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
5. Entries made on Twitter will be subject to Twitter’s terms of service, which are available, online at: https://twitter.com/en/tos
6. Entrants must follow the official @TravisPerkinsCo Instagram, Facebook &/or Twitter, like the promotional post and comment tagging their ‘2020 hero’, the tagged user must also have an activate account and must be tagged during the promotional period between 2:00PM 01/12/20 and 10:00PM 06/12/20.
7. Promotion opens at 2:00PM 01/12/20 and closes at 10:00PM 06/12/20.
8. There is a total of 3x prizes to be won (one per channel, chosen via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter). The winner will be chosen at random via an independently verified, randomised computer process from all valid entries.
9. THE PRIZE: 1x The Happy Christmas Hamper
by THE BRITISH HAMPER COMPANY: https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/thebritishhampercompany/product/the-happy-christmas-hamper*
*Vegan & Gluten-free options available upon request:
10. Only one entry per person during the promotional period and only entries submitted during the promotional period will be entered into the prize draw. For the avoidance of doubt only one unique Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account will be accepted per person, and a person can use their Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account to enter only once. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
11. Any entries received from private accounts will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account you must amend your account settings to a public account in order for entry to be accepted. The account must remain public and entrants must continue to follow the promotion for up to one week after the end of the Promotion, in order to be contacted in the event their entry is a winning entry.
12. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries, which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
13. The winner will be notified of their selection via direct message within 2 working days of the competition closing date and asked to respond for verification and claim details. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not confirm acceptance of their prize within 72 hours of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the original winner who will have their prize forfeited and pick a replacement winner drawn at the same time as the original.
14. During the claim process the winner may be asked to confirm their name, email address, postal address and age to verify eligibility of the prize.
15. It is the responsibility of the winner to provide their correct, up-to-date details at the time of acceptance in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter nor The Administrator can be held responsible for the winner failing to supply accurate information which affects prize delivery.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
17. The prize will be dispatched to the relevant winner’s address within 5 working days of verifying the winner.
18. The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or suspend the promotion or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to have their submitted name and entry displayed on Travis Perkins’ Instagram, Facebook or Twitter page and agree that it may be used by Travis Perkins for any such purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. The winner agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter with no recompense. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. If participants choose to include image or photography in their entry they also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
22. By submitting any Content, you automatically grant The Promoter a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable license to publicly display or re-display, use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or distribute such Content and/or incorporate such Content into any form, medium or technology whatsoever (including but not limited to The Promoter’s websites, third party websites, online and offline advertising, marketing and promotional materials) throughout the world that is used by The Promoter or its agents in connection with the promotion or marketing of The Promoter, and its products and services for a period of up to 5 years. You represent and warrant to The Promoter that you own all Content and/or have the unencumbered legal right to grant the above-referenced license to The Promoter, with respect to all content that you submit. You also recognise that such materials do not infringe on any third party copyrights or other third party intellectual property rights.
23. The Promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
24. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to Travis Perkins, not to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
25. Entrants further agree that no content will be submitted that:
i. Is known to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
ii. Is offensive, obscene, vulgar, or is inappropriate for a public and family friendly forum;
iii. Is, or may be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, threatening or harassing to any individual or entity;
iv. Is considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants;
v. Infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, rights of privacy, moral rights or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights;
vi. Encourages or advocates any unlawful or unauthorized behaviour or activity or violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
vii. Includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
viii. Contains any computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
The Promoter reserves the right to have these comments removed and the entrant will be disqualified from the Promotion. The Promoter also reserves the right to alert Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to any such behaviour, which may result in the person’s account being frozen pending investigation.
26. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify these terms and conditions or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
27. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law (including personal injury, death and fraud).
28. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.