- Timber Services
Our Timber Service
Whatever the job in hand, you’ll find the timber products and services you need at Travis Perkins. We’re constantly growing and developing our range, so we can keep meeting your individual requirements and provide customised solutions for any timber project.
We’re equally committed to sourcing our timber responsibly. The Majority of our timber products are responsibly sourced. We work within the two main standards for well-managed timber certification: the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), to make sure our timber has full Chain of Custody (COC) certification.
Look for FSC® certified products.
Your local timber specialist
With over 600 branches nationwide, Travis Perkins is your local timber merchant. The majority of our branches can supply high quality timber products and services.
- Roof trusses
- Engineered floor and roof systems
- Internal door systems
- Aperture fire doors
- Hardwood flooring
- Prepared joinery
- MDF mouldings
- Joinery components
- Timber treatment for vacuum pressure or double vacuum treatments. All treatments are under a controlled process within an industrial treatment vessel.
- Technical support, such as TRADA-certified Visual Stress Grading.
- Bulk deliveries direct to site, with lorry crane offload available.
- Bespoke ordering service to meet your exact requirements, for example timber lengths up to 12m and 300mm x 300mm timber baulks.
- Pressure-treated roofing battens in standard sizes (mm) 19 x 38, 25 x 38, 25 x 50.
- Canadian Lumber Standard (CLS) in 2.4m and 4.8 lengths, planed with round corners for stud partitioning.
- Expert advice on your timber project from our experienced staff.
- For Timber Cutting use our branch locator to locate the nearest branch offering the timber cutting service.
Our specialist timber products
All our roof trusses are manufactured to BS 5268 (2&3) for your peace of mind. Our roof trusses are available as a complete package, including hipped roofs, attic trusses, special roof systems and loose infill material.
Bespoke project? No problem. We can manufacture your roof trusses to the exact specifications of any residential or commercial application. Each order will come complete with calculations and layout drawings, so you can get started straightaway.
We also offer a full range of roof building ironmongery, so you’ll find everything you need for your roofing project at Travis Perkins.
Our I-Joists are lightweight, energy efficient products that offer consistent performance. With a higher strength to weight ratio than traditional timber joists, I-Joists meet the demands of today’s housebuilders for greater clear spans and better dimensional stability without increasing the cross-section size of the construction elements.
Up to 50% lighter than solid timber, I-Joists also offer the advantage of manual handling - unlike steel, concrete and large section timber joists which need mechanical handling. As well as making life easier, manual handling is also quicker - saving time so you can complete your project more quickly and cut labour costs.
We stock a comprehensive range of white primed MDF mouldings in our larger branches. For bespoke projects, we can order in special patterns to meet any requirement. You won’t find any knots, shakes or resin in our MDF products - all our mouldings are stable and provide a superior finish.
We can supply:
- MDF mouldings machined using moisture-resistant, medium density fibreboard
- Pre-mitred architrave sets
- Cross-cut window boards with returned ends, bundled in house lots
- Door linings and casings supplied cross-cut and trenched
- Architraves and plinth blocks
- Architectural feature mouldings
- Long lengths of MDF to reduce waste
Our softwood decking is made from the best quality European hardwoods and pressure-treated with preservative to Use Class 3.2, to keep it looking good for longer.
We also can source a range of premier hardwood deck boards and anti-slip decking - the perfect solution for commercial and hard-wearing areas.
UPM ProFi Deck
Design meets performance with our exclusive UPM ProFi Deck. It’s made from a wood plastic composite using recycled materials, and offers low maintenance and long-lasting colour. The unique, high friction surface is hard-wearing and slip-resistant, even when wet.
You’ll find UPM ProFi Deck easy to cut and install, with no special tools needed. Each purchase comes with the added reassurance of a 10 year manufacturer’s guarantee. Buy your timber products today Use our branch locator to find your nearest Travis Perkins branch.