MOT type one is a crushed to provide a stable sub-base for road surfaces and pathways. The mixture of solids and fines ensures minimal voids in the sub-base material when compacted, giving a strong load bearing layer with a suitably flat surface. Typical use is as a finished surface prior to a top coating of asphalt, concrete, shingle and block paving. Often used with a sand blinding. Both primary and recycled constituents can be used to produce a Type 1 sub-base.
- Actual weight will vary depending on moisture content
- Acts as a weed suppressant
- A useful mixture for gardens, patios and driveways
- Delivered in bulk bags for large project quantities
- Weight can very depending on wet/dry conditions
- The photo is for illustration purposes and the product is locally sourced